Sun, 01/12/2019 | 11:22 AM
The online filing system under the PCT Treaty (ePCT) is officially accepted by the Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam (IP Viet Nam) for the international patent applications originating in Vietnam.
From December 1, 2019, the online filing system under the PCT Treaty (ePCT) is officially accepted by the IP Viet Nam for the international patent applications originating in Vietnam...
According to the agreement between the IP Viet Nam and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), from December 1, 2019, the IP Viet Nam will officially use the ePCT for patents applications originating in Vietnam under the PCT Treaty.
With the ePCT system, IP Viet Nam will send the "RECORD COPY" to the WIPO International Bureau via electronic system instead of sending paper documents as IP Viet Nam have done so far.
Filling through the ePCT system, Vietnamese applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
1. The application filed to the IP Viet Nam will be quickly and accurately forwarded to the WIPO International Bureau via the ePCT system without having to pay the postal fee to transfer the dossier to the WIPO International Bureau.
2. All the information among the IP Viet Nam, WIPO International Bureau, International Searching Authority (ISA) and applicants will be exchanged electronically via the online ePCT system.
3. Applicants can download documents, carry out procedures such as amending names and addresses, withdrawing applications, etc. through the online system.
The announcement of the official acceptance of the ePCT system by the IP Viet Nam has been published by the WIPO on the Information Portal at the following address (refer to pages 161 to 163):
IP Viet Nam
Latest news title
- The Ceremony to Announce and Award Decision on the Appointment of Deputy Director General of Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the International patent classification 2021.01
- Amendments to the Regulations under the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks in force as from February 1, 2021
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the Nice Classification of Goods and Services 11-2021
- Notification on application of legal provisions relating to time limits for applicants affected by Covid-19 and transactions between applicants and the Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam
- The Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam (IP Viet Nam) put into trial the "Digital Library of Industrial Property" system based on the WIPO Publish.
- Notice of Training Schedules on Patents and Industrial Property Information (free of charge) in the Fourth Quarter of 2019
- Announcement of the number of fast track examination requests for the period from October 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020 under Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Program of The Cooperation Agreement between IP Viet Nam and JPO
- Announcements on launching new ePortal of Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam (IP Viet Nam)
- Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the Nice Classification of Goods and Service 11-2018