Fri, 04/10/2019 | 14:17 PM
Viet Nam Joins the Hague System
On September 30, 2019, the Government of Viet Nam deposited its instrument of accession to the Geneva Act (1999) of the Hague Agreement with WIPO’s Director General Francis Gurry.
On September 30, 2019, the Government of Viet Nam deposited its instrument of accession to the Geneva Act (1999) of the Hague Agreement with WIPO’s Director General Francis Gurry. This makes Viet Nam the 61st member of the 1999 Act and 71st member of the Hague Union. The 1999 Act will enter into force in Viet Nam on December 30, 2019.
Viet Nam’s Minister for Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh hands over the accession document to WIPO Director General Francis Gurry. (Photo: WIPO/Berrod)
As of December 30, 2019, companies and designers from Viet Nam can begin using the Hague System to protect their industrial designs in the Contracting Parties to the 1999 Act of the Hague Agreement. That translates to protection in the territories of up to 88 countries through a single international application and set of fees.
Foreign companies and designers can seek design protection through the Hague System in Viet Nam from December 30, 2019.
Latest news title
- WIPO Director General Congratulates Singapore's Daren Tang on Nomination for Post of Director General
- World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2020 Innovate for a Green Future
- Regional High-Level Summit for University Presidents and Senior Policy Makers on Creating an Enabling Innovation Environment (EIE) for Intellectual Property and Technology
- Booklet on ASEAN Geographical Indications (GIs) procedures and products
- ASEAN Annual Conference on Applications of Information Technology in Industrial Property
- Viet Nam - Japan Intellectual property seminar – benefits and positive effects on the IP system of Viet Nam
- WIPO Regional Meeting on Developing the ASEAN Regional Technology Innovation Support Center (TISC) Network
- World Women Inventors and Entrepreneurs Association (WWIEA) supports creative activities by women
- PROMOTING COOPERATION ON GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS WITH DEPARTMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF LAO
- IMPLEMENTATION OF “ENABLING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ENVIRONMENT" (EIE) PROJECT SPONSORED BY WIPO
- [TISC] e-Tutorial on Using and Exploiting Patent Information
- WIPO Academy’s 2020 Course Catalogue Now Available
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the International patent...
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the Nice Classification of...
- Announcement on the Correction of errors for some codes in the Vietnamese...
- The online filing system under the PCT Treaty (ePCT) is officially accepted...
- The Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam (IP Viet Nam) put into trial the...
- Notice of Training Schedules on Patents and Industrial Property Information...
- Announcement of the number of fast track examination requests for the period...