Th 5, 25/06/2020 | 10:33 SA
Administration of industrial property representation activities
In 2019, 11 new organisations were recognised; 34 organisations were recorded as changing information and status (amendment of name and address, deletion of organisation, addition/deletion to the list of industrial property representatives); six representative agents were granted/re-granted certificates.
The management of industrial property representation activities continued to be regularly carried out and contributed to improve the quality of this activity, actively supported organisations and individuals in establishing and protecting industrial property rights. In 2019, 11 new organisations were recognised; 34 organisations were recorded as changing information and status (amendment of name and address, deletion of organisation, addition/deletion to the list of industrial property representatives); six representative agents were granted/re-granted certificates. By the end of 2019, there were 203 industrial property representative organisations and 331 representative agents that were granted certificates.
Deputy Director Le Ngoc Lam gives opening remarks at the Workshop on Idustrial property representation and assessment activities in 2019
Aiming to raise the amount of industrial property representatives to better meet the needs of organisations and individuals, the biennial professional exam for industrial property representatives was held in October 2019 in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City with 238 candidates registered and in five subjects (industrial property laws and regulations, industrial property information, invention and layout design, industrial design, trademark and geographical indications). The result was graded and published after the exam finished.
In addition to the above-mentioned activities, IP Viet Nam also organised seminars and workshops with industrial property representation organisations to discuss the management of representation and assessment activities, as well as other specialised issues of this field, to improve the quality of these activities in particular and the activities of the whole IP system in general. In 2019, IP Viet Nam for the first time coordinated with the Vietnam IP Association to organize this activity in both Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. The content of the discussion focused in several topics, including: trademark bearing geographical names, ground for trademark refusal based on prior marks that have expired for less than five years, legal ground for trademark refusal/cancellation based on bad faith etc. Through these workshops and seminars, many legal obstacles were clarified and settled, and proposals were also suggested for the amendment and supplementation of relevant laws and regulations.
Tin mới nhất
- Release of the Global Innovation Index 2020
- [TISC] WIPO's Guide to Formulating Intellectual Property Policy in Universities and Research Institutes
- WIPO webinar on “Intellectual Property Offices as Innovation Agencies”
- Supports for intellectual property assets development
- Intellectual property research, training and public awareness to be continuously leveraged
Các tin khác
- Appeal settlement of industrial property rights
- International cooperation on intellectual property: Contributed to the enhancement of deep and broad economic integration of the country
- Formulation and improvement of intellectual property legislation and policies
- [Madrid System] Frequently Asked Questions
- Viet Nam’s Intellectual Property Strategy until 2030: Driving force for development of intellectual property assets